World renowned chef Eric Ripert, who has been featured as a judge on Bravo’s “Top Chef,” visited Access Hollywood Live to share some of his favorite holiday appetizer recipess that can be whipped up in no time!
Deviled Eggs with Smoked Salmon
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons crème fraîche
2 ounces smoked salmon, diced
1 tablespoon sliced chives
cayenne pepper, fine sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1 lemon cut in half
Paprika to garnish
1. Place the eggs in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil, cover and remove from the heat. Let the eggs sit, covered for 12-15 minutes; drain the hot water and run cold water over the boiled eggs until cool.
2. Peel the eggs and cut each egg in half lengthwise. Gently remove the yolks from the center and place into a small mixing bowl. Set aside the egg white halves.
3. Add the mustard, crème fraîche, shallot, smoked salmon and chives to the egg yolks and stir to combine. Season to taste with cayenne, salt, pepper and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
4. Spoon the mixture back into the egg whites. Garnish with paprika.
Green Olive Tapenade
Makes 1 cup
1-1/2 cups green olives, pitted
1 teaspoon thyme leaves
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons capers, drained
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Place all of the ingredients in a food processor bowl and pulse until well blended.
Serve with crusty bread or toast.
Tomato Bread with Iberico
1 loaf crusty bread
1 clove garlic
2 ripe tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 pound thinly sliced Iberico ham or Serrano ham
extra virgin olive oil
coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cut the loaf of bread into 1/2 - inch slices. Toast the slices of bread until golden brown.
2. Trim one end of the garlic clove and lightly rub the trimmed end over the toasted bread. Then rub the tomato, cut side down, thoroughly into the bread.
3. Top the tomato bread with a couple of slices of Iberico ham, drizzle the olive oil over the toasts and season with a few flakes of coarse sea salt and pepper.