While the names of several leading men continue to be bandied about as possible replacements for Charlie Sheen on “Two and a Half Men,” the newly unemployed actor has some words of advice for his potential predecessor.
“I would tell them, just make it your own,” Charlie professed during an impromptu call in to “The Dan Patrick Show” on Wednesday morning.
The actor – who surprised radio host Dan Patrick by calling in as “Charlie from California” – also offered his approval of two of the sitcom’s potential new stars.
“Do you care if Rob Lowe or John Stamos replaces you on ‘Two and a Half Men’?” the radio host asked.
“No, I think they’re both fabulous and my apologies to John. I was rude to him earlier and that was unnecessary,” Charlie added, referring to comments he made to Access Hollywood’s Billy Bush that the show would “suck” with the former “Full House” heartthrob in the cast.
“And Rob’s on old friend and a brilliant actor and he’s a beautiful man. What I would advise them to do is just make it their own. Don’t think about anything that I’ve done – brilliantly! – on the show for 177,000 episodes.”
Earlier in the day, Charlie called into another radio show – this time, K-EARTH 101’s “Morning Show with Gary Bryan,” where the embattled star also backtracked on his attack aimed at his former co-star, Jon Cryer.
In his interview with Access’ Billy Bush, Charlie said he was disappointed that neither Cryer nor co-star Angus T. Jones had offered a public statement of support for their colleague. Additionally, in an interview with E! News, Charlie called Cryer “a turncoat, a traitor, a troll.”
“I’ll apologize to Jon Cryer right now,” Charlie told K-EARTH’s Gary Bryan on Wednesday morning. “I was in a mood and I threw that out there. It’s a half-apology – it’s an apol.”
Charlie went on to call his young co-star, Angus, a “beautiful young man,” adding that Angus and his family had, in fact, reached out to Charlie since his split from the show.