Pack a punch of flavor and protein and enjoy Muuna in an Apple Breakfast Parfait, Mexican Style Tortillas and a creamy Chocolate Dip. A perfectly portable snack with 15g of protein with REAL pieces of fruit to enjoy for breakfast, lunch or a snack on the go.
I. Apple Breakfast Parfait:
· 2 small apples
· 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
· 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
· 1 1/2 tablespoons water
· 1/3 cup gluten-free oats
· 1/2 tablespoon melted coconut oil
· 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
· 1/3 cup Muuna peach cottage cheese
· 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
1. Peel and core the apples and cut them into small, bite-sized pieces. Place the chopped apples into a microwaveable container and stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and water. Microwave for approximately 1 to 1 ½ minutes until the apple is tender. Remove from the microwave and allow to cool.
2. In a bowl, mix together the oats, shredded coconut and melted coconut oil.
3. Place a layer of oats and on top of that, layer with stewed apples and Muuna peach cottage cheese. Repeat until the cup is almost completely filled. Sprinkle with chopped pecans
II. Mexican Style Tortilla:
· 2 tbsp. Muuna plain cottage cheese
· 6 inch whole grain tortillas
· Veggies, like tomatoes and avocado
· Black pepper
· Hot sauce of choice
1. Mix 2 tbsp. Muuna plain cottage cheese with a squeeze of lime and a shake of black pepper
2. Add mixture to 6 inch whole grain tortilla
3. Top with your favorite veggies, like fresh tomatoes and avocado
4. Add a dash of your favorite hot sauce
III. Chocolate Dip:
· 1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
· 2 Tbsp. coconut butter**
· 1/4 C milk (I used coconut for the flavor)
· 1 C Muuna 2% Lowfat Plain cottage cheese
· 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
· 1/4 C powdered sugar (or more to taste)
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· shredded coconut for topping, optional
· mini chocolate chips for topping, optional
· gluten free sprinkles for topping, optional
1. Add the chocolate chips and coconut butter to a microwave safe bowl and heat at 50% power until melted and set aside.
2. Add milk, Muuna cottage cheese, and cream cheese to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and melted chocolate mixture and blend for another minute until thick, creamy, and smooth.
3. Pour the dip into a bowl and chill completely before serving - at least 2 hours but overnight is best. Top with shredded coconut, mini chocolate chips, and sprinkles before serving if using. Serve with your favorite gluten free cookies, brownie bark, or graham crackers
Chocolate Dip Recipe Courtesy What The Fork Food Blog