Wonder what the stars will be sipping at this year’s Governor’s Ball following the Academy Awards?
Check out the Tequila Don Julio 2018 Governor’s Ball Cocktails created by Charles Joly.
Tequila Don Julio Blanco, Pimm’s No. 1, fresh citrus, tonic, cucumber & borage
1 1/2 ounces Tequila Don Julio Blanco
1/2 ounce Pimm’s The Original No. 1 Cup
3/4 ounce Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 ounce Simple Syrup
2 ounces Tonic Water
Sliced Cucumber and Borage Flowers for Garnish
1. Combine Don Julio Blanco, Pimm’s, lemon juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice. Gently shake and roll in tonic water.
2. Pour over fresh ice in a Collins glass.
3. Garnish: Wrap thin cucumber slice around inside of glass and top with borage flowers.
The Protagonist, starring Tequila Don Julio Blanco, is the hero of the evening. Refreshing, complex, elegant and celebratory all wrapped up in one beautiful cocktail. The pure essence of the tequila lays the foundation for bright citrus, herbal botanicals and subtle floral notes. Each ingredient plays a vital role, painting a complete & balanced picture to be enjoyed throughout the night.
Tequila Don Julio Reposado, Caffé Amaro, sweet vermouth, tarragon
1 1/4 ounces Tequila Don Julio Reposado
1/4 ounce Caffé Amaro
1/4 ounce Cocchi di Torino
Light barspoon of 2:1 Demerara Syrup
Long orange twist and fresh tarragon sprig for garnish
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice. Stir to chill and dilute.
2. Pour over fresh ice into an Old Fashioned Glass.
3. Garnish with orange twist and sprig of fresh tarragon.
Like a great movie, a memorable cocktail menu should be multidimensional. The Epilogue is blend of decidedly warmer, richer flavors, playing off of the carefully aged notes in Tequila Don Julio Reposado. Hints of coffee, baking spices, anise and mellow oak wrap draw you in.
The perfect, broad shouldered sipper that showcases the versatility of aged tequila.
Copyright © 2019 by NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be republished, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.