A sampling of the outpouring of love and memories from the Hollywood and sports worlds Monday following the death of Michael Clarke Duncan, many of them on Twitter:
– “I am terribly saddened at the loss of Big Mike. He was the treasure we all discovered on the set of `The Green Mile.’ He was magic. He was a big love of man and his passing leaves us stunned.” – Tom Hanks.
– “Michael Duncan was a great actor, a great human being, and he was my very dear friend. I will miss Big Mike in a Big Way.” – Bruce Willis.
– “I’m devastated at the loss of Michael Clarke Duncan, one of the finest people I’ve ever had the privilege to work with or know. Michael was the gentlest of souls – an exemplar of decency, integrity, and kindness. The sadness I feel is inexpressible. -Frank Darabont, director of “The Green Mile.”
– “I cant believe you are gone my friend. I will miss our Lakers vs Mavs bets and texts . You will not be forgotten. RIP” – Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban.
– “Michael Clarke Duncan passes at 54. A striking screen presence.” – Film critic Roger Ebert.
– “`When something happens, we always say it happens for a reason’ Michael Clarke Duncan 12/10/57 – 9/3/12 I’ll miss you my brother..” – Dwayne Johnson.
– “I met Michael years ago and he was such a nice guy. Very sad” – Auto racing star Danica Patrick.
– “Michael Clarke Duncan always had a smile on his face & a big bear hug ready for you. My thoughts & prayers are with his family&friends. RIP” – Actress Olivia Munn.
– “RIP Michael Clarke Duncan Heaven has an amazing new angel. I will miss your smile most.” – Actress-television host Holly Robinson Peete.
– “I will miss my friend, Michael Clarke Duncan. What an incredible soldier in God’s Plan.” – Comedian-talk show host Steve Harvey.
– “I am so shocked and heart broken to hear about Michael Clarke Duncan’s passing. What a man of quality. Both in his life and his work.” – Actress Alexa Vega.
– “So so sorry to hear about Michael Clarke Duncan, accomplished actor, proud South Sider …” – ESPN host Michael Wilbon.
– “Rip Michael Clarke Duncan. We shared sum great times! C u on the other side friend… @OMAROSA praying 4 u & the fam.” – Actress-comedian Niecy Nash.
– “Just heard the news that [Michael Clarke Duncan] passed away. My prayers go out to his family and Omarosa during this very sad time.” – Former boxing champion Lennox Lewis.
– “RIP- Michael Clarke Duncan.. A really GOOD Brother, I’ll miss U Bruh.” – Former NBA star and television host John Salley.
– “Ahhh… michaelclarkeDuncan I loved you! Green Mile was epic. RIP gentlegiant” – Singer-actress Katharine McPhee.
– “Man, just watched Michael Clarke Duncan in Talladega Nights last night! RIP to a terrific actor.” – TNT Sports reporter David Aldridge.
Copyright © 2019 by Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be republished, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.